1874 Village Plat Map
From Harney and Tucker, Illustrated Atlas Map of Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin, Chicago: Lakeside Pub. and Print Co., 1874 (Wisconsin State Historical Society library micro-film P72-1175)
The earliest known plan for the village of Fairwater, the 1874 plat map details the area that would come to be known as Bill Town. Several of the proposed streets have not been realized. Of these, Madison Street north of the pond approximates the route that the Brandon-Fairwater-Markesan Railroad would take eight years later. None of the streets laid out south of Washington Street have been developed, although the village reaffirmed its commitment to retaining the land for Plocker Street as late as spring, 1998. Church Street now entends westward to Wisconsin Street, absorbing the proposed Water Street.