Contributor: Bob Schuster
Source: Adapted from Francis Stelter's tracing of Towne Miller's original map
Towne Miller's 1924 Village Map
Towne Miller's 1924 drawing may be the definitive village map. No other map of the village following incorporation in 1921 has surfaced, but in addition no other available map identifies every structure. With this map, there is, for the first time, a plan of the modern street structure, showing Highway 44 connecting north of the mill pond, which even the 1910 plat map of the village does not show. Maria Street, connecting Church and Washington Streets, is shown in its current one-block configuration, and Church Street is shown extending to the western end of the mill pond.
The map currently hangs in the main room on the lower level of the Civic Center.